Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fat Fury @ Iron Thunder (Charlotte, NC)

I come from a music loving family, with many drummers, and as a small child was always fascinated by the mystery of my uncle Scott’s band, Fat Fury. “Nothin’ but a Good Time” was the motto of this grey bearded gentleman in his top hat & blue and purple suit, rich in his cartoon glory. His images seemed to be everywhere and when asking if I could go, I was always told that I was too young. Time passed and the little girl became a woman. Last weekend, I finally met the infamous Fat Fury at Iron Thunder, a biker bar in Charlotte, NC. Though time has slightly changed his outward appearance, his heartbeat remained the same as legend has it.



To view the complete series, please visit http://www.bigdoorphotography.com/ under That Sweet Sound of Music gallery.

No comments: